Member Terms and Conditions Definitions
In these Member Terms and Conditions, the following definitions shall apply:
“Agent” means an estate agent, lettings agent (and in Scotland, solicitor agents) and/or commercial property agent;
“Business Day” means any day other than a Saturday, Sunday or public holiday in England, when the banks in London are open for business;
“Business Hours” means between the hours of 9:00am to 5:30pm (GMT) on a Business Day;
“Content” means any content and materials made available by, on behalf or on the instruction of HouseZZ Ltd Website, including (without limitation) property details, any intellectual property rights, Lead Content, Photograph Content and Video Content;
“Contract” or “Agreement” means a contract for Services between Housezz and the Member governed by these Member Terms and Conditions, the Order Form and, where appropriate, Product Specific Terms and Conditions;
“Controller” is defined in the Data Protection Legislation;
“Data Subject” is defined in the Data Protection Legislation;
“Data Subject Rights” means the rights of Data Subjects set out in Chapter III of the GDPR;
“Developer” means a property developer, agencies which act on behalf of a property developer, housing associations, companies or agencies which operate within the retirement property market and all other agencies, companies and property developers which deal with the marketing of properties (except for Agents and Online Agents);
“Development” means a newly built property, or a newly converted building where there has been a change of use from something other than residential usage, which carries some form of new build warranty and be classed as ‘new’ for mortgage purposes;
“Data Protection Legislation” means the EU General Data Protection Regulation (Regulation (EU) 2016/679) (“GDPR”) and the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations 2003, and (in each case) any successor legislation enacted in the United Kingdom;
“Fees” means the amounts due to HouseZZ by the Member under the Contract and set out or calculated in accordance with the Order Form (as varied from time to time in accordance with clause 4.9);
“Force Majeure Event” means an Act of God; war; riot, civil commotion; strike, lockout or other labour disturbance (not including those involving the party’s employees); or any other circumstances beyond the control of the party seeking to invoke Force Majeure which include outbreak of epidemics and infectious diseases such as plagues, quarantine restrictions or restrictions against entry into any country where services or materials are being obtained or delivered and which operate to frustrate the Contract;
“Initial Term” means an initial term of the Contract, if any, as set out in the Order Form or agreed by the parties in writing;
“Lead” means either an email or telephone call received by the Member from any person who has contacted the Member using the contact form or contact details supplied on the Website;
“Lead Content” means any data or information generated by or resulting from the activities of a Lead;
“Logo” means the HouseZZ logo or any other logo as HouseZZ may from time to time provide to the Member;
“Marketing Materials” means the marketing materials provided to the Member by HouseZZ for the purpose of promoting the Services;
“Member” means the Agent, the Online Agent or the Developer set out in the Order Form;
“Minimum Term” any minimum order period or term (other than the Initial Term or Renewal Term) for Services as set out in a Services Amendment Form or on HouseZZ;
“Online Agent” means an estate agent, lettings agent (and in Scotland, solicitor agents) and/or commercial property agent that operates primarily via a website (rather than a physical branch) and/or does not operate through a local office network;
“Order Form” means the order form for Services (as agreed, amended or added to from time to time by a Services Amendment Form, via HouseZZ website, via Salesforce or otherwise by the parties in writing) indicating the Services to be provided under the Contract together with any specific terms relating to Fees or portal obligations;
“Personal Data” is defined by the Data Protection Legislation;
“Photograph Content” means any Content in a photograph format;
“Photograph Content Criteria” means the Photograph Content criteria notified to the Member from time to time;
“Processor” is defined in the Data Protection Legislation;
“Product Specific Terms and Conditions” means additional terms and conditions that relate to specific Services provided by HouseZZ and to which, in addition to these Member Terms and Condition, the Member shall be subject whilst in receipt of such Services;
“Relevant Requirements” means all applicable laws, statutes, regulations, and codes relating to anti-bribery and anti-corruption, including the Bribery Act 2010;
“Renewal Term” has the meaning set out in clause 7.1;
“Services” means the services to be provided by HouseZZ as set out in the Order Form and which may include any, or a combination, of the following:
- a process facilitating the upload by the Member of property details (including images) to the Website;
- displaying the Member’s properties on the Website;
- providing the Member with a listing within the agent directory on the Website;
- providing Leads to the Member;
- providing advertising services to the Member;
- providing reports and access to reporting tools to the Member; and
any other services provided by HouseZZ from time to time.
“Services Amendment Form” means a services amendment form, additional products order form or purchase order form or any other form provided by HouseZZ and signed by the Member indicating an amendment or addition to the type or level of Services set out in the Order Form;
“Start Date” means a start date for the Contract as may be specified in the Order Form;
“Unique User” means a uniquely identifiable visitor to the Website within any calendar month;
“Upload Systems” means any system made available by HouseZZ to the Member to facilitate the supply of Content to the Website;
“Video Content” means any audio-visual multimedia Content in a video format;
“Video Content Criteria” means the Video Content criteria notified to the Member from time to time;
“Website” means any mobile application, the website located at www.HouseZZ.co.uk and any other website whose domain is owned or controlled or powered by HouseZZ as HouseZZ may determine and via which Services are provided;
“HouseZZ” or “the Company” means HouseZZ Limited, a company incorporated in England and Wales with Company No. 13118012 whose registered office is at 27 Somersby Close, Luton, LU1 3XB; and
“HouseZZ Login” means the backend tool accessible to Members for viewing and managing their HouseZZ membership.
1. Contract between HouseZZ and the Member
- 1.1. No Contract shall subsist until:
unless waived by HouseZZ, an Order Form completed and signed by the Member is received by HouseZZ; and
- the later of the Start Date (if any) and HouseZZ commencing provision of Services (whether by facilitating display of Content on the Website or otherwise),
whereupon HouseZZ and the Member shall be deemed to have entered into a legally binding Contract on the Member Terms and Conditions set out herein and any relevant Product Specific Terms and Conditions.
1.2. The Contract shall be between HouseZZ and the Member and shall comprise the Order Form, these Member Terms and Conditions and any relevant Product Specific Terms and Conditions to which the Member is subject which, together, shall constitute the entire agreement between the parties to the exclusion of all previous terms and conditions (whether between the Member and HouseZZ) and all other terms and conditions (including any which the Member purports to apply under any purchase order, confirmation of order or other document). Each party acknowledges that, in entering into the Contract, it does not rely on anything that is not set out in the Order Form, these Member Terms and Conditions and any relevant Product Specific Terms and Conditions.
1.3. In the event of any conflict between these Member Terms and Conditions and the Order Form, these Member Terms and Conditions shall prevail and in the event of any conflict between these Member Terms and Conditions and any Product Specific Terms and Conditions, these Member Terms and Conditions shall prevail save where they relate to a matter pertaining to Services to which any relevant Product Specific Terms and Conditions relate whereupon such Product Specific Terms and Conditions shall prevail.
1.4. All Contracts between HouseZZ and a Member shall be governed by these Member Terms and Conditions and any relevant Product Specific Terms and Conditions and any variation thereof shall have no effect unless expressly agreed in writing and signed by HouseZZ.
1.5. From time to time, HouseZZ may amend these Member Terms and Conditions and any Product Specific Terms and Conditions and reserves the right to do so in its absolute discretion, acting reasonably, at any time. Any changes will be posted on the Website.
1.6. HouseZZ reserves the right to reject any Order Form and/or refuse to enter into a Contract or provide any Services to a third party at its absolute discretion, including where it believes:
- that party is not providing the services of an Agent, Online Agent or Developer (as determined by HouseZZ’s advertising criteria); or
- that the quality of its Content is not or will not be of a professional standard commensurate with that of its Members generally.
2.1. Subject to these Member Terms and Conditions and any relevant Product Specific Terms and Conditions, HouseZZ will provide the Member with the Services in accordance with the Order Form.
2.2. HouseZZ may vary the Services from time to time at its absolute discretion and the Member shall be notified of any such variations where necessary. Any changes will be posted on the Website.
3. Content and Obligations
3.1. The Member warrants and represents that:
- it is an Agent, Online Agent, Developer or Private Individual and that it does not act as a consumer in relation to the Contract;
- any individual who has signed and/or otherwise agreed to these Member Terms (as updated from time to time) on its behalf has the requisite corporate authority to contract on behalf of that Member;
- Content will comply with all applicable laws (including, but not limited to, the Equality Act 2010), regulations and codes of practice in the United Kingdom and any compliance guidelines published or made available by HouseZZ from time to time, will not be defamatory, misleading, discriminatory or infringe any copyright, trade mark or other intellectual property rights or rights of any third party whatsoever and will not contain any Personal Data;
- any Video Content will:
be of a good quality in HouseZZ’s reasonable opinion and comply with the Video Content Criteria;
- only contain images related to the relevant property;
- not contain telephone numbers or email addresses other than HouseZZ contact details;
- not contain any Personal Data;
- not contain any promotion of the Member, except for its own logo; and
not contain any advertisements of any other products or services of the Member or any third parties, except for a ‘powered by’ logo of the production company.
- For the avoidance of doubt, Video Content displayed on the Member’s own profile page may contain promotion of other services that the Member provides;
any Photograph Content will:
- be of a good quality in HouseZZ’s reasonable opinion and comply with the Photograph Content Criteria;
- only contain the Member’s profile photograph(s) or images related to the relevant property;
- not contain telephone numbers or email addresses other than HouseZZ contact details;
- not contain any Personal Data;
- not contain any promotion of the Member; and
- not contain any advertisements of any other products or services of the Member or any third parties;
- it is responsible for the integrity of the Content which is in all respects true, complete and accurate to the best of the Member’s knowledge and belief and the Member shall promptly update or correct Content on becoming aware of any errors or inaccuracies and shall provide such assistance as HouseZZ shall reasonably require to identify and remedy any unauthorised use of Content;
- within no more than 3 Business Days of:
a property going “under offer”;
- a sale or leasing contract being entered into in respect of a property; or
- the property being taken off the market,
the Member will either alter the status of the property details in the upload provided to HouseZZ so that it may be displayed as “under offer” “sold” or “let” as appropriate on the Website or will remove the property from the upload provided to HouseZZ so that it is no longer displayed on the Website;
- it has the authority to market the properties in the Content;
- it holds all necessary authorities, consents and licences necessary to use, display, reproduce, publish the Content and has authority to and grants HouseZZ a licence of the Content on the terms set out in clause 3.2;
- it has read and will abide by all notices posted on the Website from time to time that are relevant to the provision of the Services;
- each of its branch offices will only upload details of properties they have received instructions for specifically at each branch office location, and that no branch office will upload details of properties originating from any other branch office location;
- it shall not use HouseZZ’s name or any Logos, trade or services marks of HouseZZ in a defamatory or derogatory manner or in any way that might bring HouseZZ or its directors or employees into disrepute nor shall the Member misuse or deface (or allow to be misused or defaced) any Marketing Materials provided to it;
- it will abide by any applicable industry code of conduct, recommendations or guidelines issued by any relevant trade organisation, including the National Landlords Association and the Residential Landlord’s Association, and will abide by all applicable laws and regulations applying to or affecting Members including, but not limited to, Consumer Protection from Unfair Trading Regulations 2008 and the Business Protection from Misleading Marketing Regulations 2008;
- it will provide a contactable telephone number and shall ensure that the majority of calls made to that telephone number are answered in person. Where a trackable telephone number has been allocated to the Member by HouseZZ, the Member will use this number to enable HouseZZ to effectively monitor Leads delivered to the Member and take no actions that would interfere with such monitoring, and the Member agrees that HouseZZ and its suppliers may record all telephone calls for the purposes of monitoring Leads delivered or replaying Leads to Members; and
- it shall ensure that only its authorised persons have access to the Services and the Upload Systems and that where it provides Content via the Upload Systems it shall only do so in a format compatible with any technical specifications issued by HouseZZ from time to time. The member agrees to use this format to display details of the property only, as laid out, and not to use these areas to advertise ancillary company information.
3.2. The Member grants HouseZZ a non-exclusive, royalty free, perpetual licence to copy, reproduce, display, sell, publish, adapt and otherwise use the Content or data or other information derived therefrom for any purpose whatsoever (including entering into agreements with third parties for the provision of the Content or data derived therefrom). This licence shall survive termination of the Contract, but (for the avoidance of doubt) shall have no effect on the Member’s rights (or its licensor’s rights, as applicable) in respect of such Content or data, save to the extent specified herein. The Member agrees that HouseZZ may, but shall not be required to, identify the Member as the source of the Content on the Website or in any other medium through which the Content or any derivative thereof is published or displayed.
- may in its absolute discretion, at any time, remove, cause to be removed or decline to display any Content on the Website which fails to comply with the terms of this Contract, and shall notify the Member of such decision either prior to, or at the time of, the relevant Content being removed or rejected;
- may without prejudice to HouseZZ’s right as set out in clause 3.3 above, require the Content to be amended at any time if HouseZZ considers or has reason to believe that the Member is in breach of the Contract or any applicable law or regulation or where it deems in its absolute discretion the Content to be of poor quality in terms of presentation, information provided or otherwise; and
- reserves the right to charge the Member for additional fees or in a manner it deems appropriate or on a per property basis if HouseZZ has reason to believe that Content uploaded by any of the Member’s branch offices is in breach of clause 3.1 above.
3.4. The Member acknowledges and agrees that:
- it will continue to be bound by these Member Terms irrespective of whether:
– the individual who has signed and/or agreed to the Member Terms on its behalf subsequently ceases to be employed or otherwise engaged by the Member or subsequently ceases to be authorised to act on behalf of the Member; or
– the whole or substantially whole of the Member’s assets are sold or transferred to a different legal entity;
- neither HouseZZ shall be under any obligation to monitor or censor the Content that appears on the Website but HouseZZ reserves the right for itself to do so;
- HouseZZ is not responsible for any error or omissions in any Content;
- as part of the Services the Member may be provided with access to data including that derived from the content and data provided by HouseZZ’s Members and other third parties. HouseZZ takes reasonable care to ensure that such data is accurate and up to date but makes no representation or warranty about the accuracy or completeness of such data and the data is not intended to be, and must not be treated by a Member as, comprehensive but an aggregation of the content and data available to HouseZZ at the time of provision and available to the Member in accordance with its level of membership;
- technological failure may impede the provision of the Services or prevent access to all or any part of the Content displayed on the Website or to the Upload Systems. HouseZZ makes no representation or warranty that the Website, the Services, the Content or the Upload Systems will be accessible or available at all times, or that the whole or any part of the Website, Services, the Content or Upload Systems will be free from error and while HouseZZ will make reasonable endeavours to notify the Member in advance, it may suspend temporarily or alter the operation of the Website, Services or the Upload System without notice to the Member;
- it is responsible for and will pay all telecommunications and internet access charges incurred by it when using the Website;
- transmission of data over the internet can be subject to delays and errors and can cause corruption of data for which HouseZZ shall not be responsible;
- from time to time HouseZZ shall be entitled to increase the fees payable by the Member in the event that, following an assessment by HouseZZ, it is determined by HouseZZ that the number of properties displayed on the Website on behalf of the Member has increased such that the number of properties exceeds the average for Members of a similar type. In assessing the number of properties and the applicable average for these purposes:
– an Agent’s properties (and those of other Agents) shall be assessed on a per-branch basis by reference to an appropriate geographical area;
– a Developer’s properties (and those of other Developers) shall be assessed on a per-Development basis;
– an Online Agent’s or Private Individual properties (and those of other Online Agents) shall be assessed by reference to appropriate geographical areas;
and in any event an assessment will be made by reference to any relevant guidelines issued by HouseZZ from time to time. Any increase in fees will be calculated on either a per-property or per-Development basis so as to fairly reflect the increase in the volume of the Member’s displayed properties;
- HouseZZ may limit the number of photographs that may be displayed by the Member to 5-20 images per property;
- in providing the Services, and in order to provide information about other products and services, HouseZZ may, unless otherwise agreed in writing by HouseZZ and the Member, contact the Member by post, telephone, electronic means, including e-mail and other electronic media and the Member shall maintain a valid working e-mail address for each of its branch offices, head offices, regional offices and development offices and shall immediately notify the Company of any change of e-mail addresses;
- it shall for the duration of the Contract, take reasonable steps to promote the Website to its customers and display any Marketing Materials provided by HouseZZ at its premises, provide a link on its website to the Website and include the Logo in its sales and advertising materials. For the purpose of carrying out these obligations only, HouseZZ grants the Member a non-exclusive licence for the duration of the Contract to use, display and copy the Logo, HouseZZ name and any trade or services marks used by HouseZZ and copyright (or other intellectual property rights) contained in the Marketing Material; and
- all intellectual property rights in the Services, technology supporting the Services (including the Upload System) and the Website vest in HouseZZ and/or its licensors/sub-contractors and that the Member has no rights in, or to, such intellectual property other than the right to use the same in accordance with the Contract. For the avoidance of doubt, save to the extent otherwise specified in the Contract, all intellectual property rights in the Content shall remain vested in the Member (or its licensors, as applicable).
3.5. Any third party, purporting to act as agent for or on behalf of a prospective Member, contracting with HouseZZ for the provision for Services warrants and represents that it has the full and valid authority of that prospective Member to bind it and to the extent that:
- that third party exceeds its authority; and/or
- the prospective Member refuses to such pay any Fees or charges,
that third party shall be liable, on an indemnity basis, for all Fees and any other charges due hereunder.
3.6. The Member shall not publish, disclose, reproduce or create any derivative works from any information obtained pursuant to the Member’s use of the Services unless expressly agreed in writing by HouseZZ.
3.7. The Member shall promptly notify HouseZZ if there is any increase or decrease in the number of branch offices operated by the Member.
3.8. The Member shall promptly notify HouseZZ in writing in the event:
- there are no longer any properties left for sale or rent in a Development; or
- it decides that a Development should no longer be listed for any reason.
4.1 Subject to any express terms in the Order Form, Fees (plus VAT if applicable and any other taxes or duties thereon) and any other charges due hereunder shall be paid by the Member in accordance with these Member Terms and Conditions.
4.2. The Member will choose a Membership package from the likes available within their account and they shall proceed with payment as instructed on the Website. An official invoice will be sent by email upon completion of the order. There might be additional operating fees that our payment processors might charge, fees that will be solely the responsibility of the Member.
Additional promotional packages are found in every each listing of the Member. Upon ordering a Package, the Member will be paying a stated fee receiving an invoice by email upon completion of the payment process.
4.3. The Member shall pay the Fees to HouseZZ by direct debit (or by such other method available on HouseZZ’s online platform) on the due date to such account as HouseZZ may from time to time advise and where payment is to be made by direct debit the Member hereby authorises HouseZZ to collect the payment on the due date. A Force Majeure Event shall not relieve a party of its duty to pay the Fees as they fall due under this Contract up to the date of termination and no refunds of Fees paid in advance shall be payable as a result of a Force Majeure Event.
4.4. If the Member fails to pay any amount due to HouseZZ, then the chosen Membership Package or Promotional Package will not be activated.
4.5. HouseZZ reserves the right to charge the Member its reasonable administration costs in dealing with any failed payments and/or its costs in relation to pursuing outstanding amounts (including legal fees and expenses).
4.6. HouseZZ reserves the right to require the Member to pay a deposit before making the Services available to the Member. If a deposit is required, it shall be repaid by HouseZZ to the Member on termination of the Contract, subject to HouseZZ being permitted to offset any amounts due from the Member under the Contract against any such deposit repayment.
4.7. HouseZZ does not guarantee the quality or quantity of Leads it provides to its Members. No refunds or credits will be given by HouseZZ for failure to provide a certain number of Leads and/or Contacts.
4.8. Where an Initial Term, Minimum Term or Renewal Term applies, HouseZZ reserves the right to increase the Fees at the end of the Initial Term and each Renewal Term by giving 45 days’ notice to the Member but, where such notice is not given, the parties agree that the Fees shall automatically increase at the end of the Initial Term or Minimum Term and each Renewal Term in line with the percentage increase in the UK Retail Prices Index since the Fees were last set.
4.9. Where no Initial Term, Minimum Term or Renewal Term applies, without prejudice to the generality of clause 1.3, and in addition to clauses 3.3 and 3.4, HouseZZ reserves the right to vary its Fees and any structure of charges in place from time to time subject to providing 30 calendar days’ written notice to the Member. Any Services provided after changes have taken effect will be subject to the relevant new Fees and/or new charging structure.
5.1. All warranties and representations (whether express or implied) provided by HouseZZ are, to the fullest extent permitted by law, excluded from the Contract.
5.2. Nothing in any Contract shall exclude or limit either party’s liability for:
- death or personal injury caused by that party’s negligence;
- fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation; or
- any other liability which cannot be excluded or limited by law.
5.3 Subject to clause 5.2:
- HouseZZ shall only be liable for direct losses arising out of or in connection with the Contract; and
- HouseZZ total liability to the Member (whether in contract, tort or otherwise) arising out of or in connection with the Contract shall be limited to the aggregate amount of Fees (excluding VAT) paid by the Member in the 3 months immediately preceding the month in which the Member incurred the loss resulting in liability of HouseZZ. This liability may be further limited by the relevant Product Specific Terms and Conditions in respect of any claim relating to Services to which those Product Specific Terms and Conditions apply.
5.4. HouseZZ shall not be liable for any liability caused by:
- any breach of the Contract by the Member; or
- the Member using, altering or manipulating any data provided by HouseZZ or changing the manner in which such data are represented.
5.5. The Member shall indemnify HouseZZ against all losses and expenses incurred by them in relation to any third party claim arising from the Content or misuse by the Member of the Services, except to the extent that the foregoing results directly from the negligence of HouseZZ.
5.6. The Member agrees that this clause 5 is fair and reasonable.
6.1. Subject to clause 6.2, a party shall disclose information not in the public domain relating to the other only if:
- the person to whom the disclosure is made needs the information in order for the disclosing party to carry out its obligations under this Agreement; or
- the law so requires.
6.2. HouseZZ will be permitted to issue announcements and releases relating to the Contract, the transactions contemplated by it, the identity of the Member and the relationships between the parties without the prior consent of the Member.
7. Termination and effect of termination
7.1 Each Contract shall commence in accordance with clause 1.1 and shall continue until terminated in accordance with these Member Terms and Conditions. Save where an Initial Term or Minimum Term applies, the Contract shall continue for the Initial Term or Minimum Term (and if both apply for the longer of the two) (unless terminated in accordance with these Member Terms and Conditions), after which the Contract shall renew when the Member decides so by renewing the Membership Package.
- During an Initial Term, Minimum Term or Renewal Term, HouseZZ or the Member shall only be entitled to terminate the Contract for convenience on at least one month’s notice, such termination to take effect on expiry of the Initial Term or Minimum Term (and if both apply on expiry of the last to expire of the two) or Renewal Term (as applicable).
For example, if a Contract starts on 15 January 2020 and has an Initial Term of 30 days, a Member cannot terminate the Contract until those 30 days have passed. In order to terminate, the Member must serve written notice on or before 15 December 2020.
7.3. If HouseZZ receives notification from a Member under clause 3.8, the Member may terminate the part of its Contract relating to the applicable Development (but no other part of its Contract) at the end of the calendar month in which HouseZZ receives the notification.
7.4. Either party may terminate the Contract:
- immediately by giving written notice to the other party if the other party persistently breaches the Contract; or
- on 30 calendar days’ written notice to the other party if the other party is in material breach of this Contract save that if the other party remedies the breach to the satisfaction of the party which served the termination notice before the expiry of the 30 day notice period, the notice of termination shall be revoked (for the avoidance of doubt, any failure by the Member to pay any amount due to HouseZZ on the due date for payment shall be considered a material breach for the purposes of this clause 7.4.
7.5. HouseZZ may terminate the Contract on 30 calendar days’ written notice to the Member in the event that, in HouseZZ’s reasonable opinion, the Member’s financial position is such that the Member’s capability to adequately fulfil its obligations under the Contract is in material jeopardy.
7.6. Without limiting their other rights, HouseZZ may immediately suspend the Services or access to or temporarily remove any Content from the Website (or cause any of those things to occur) if the Member breaches the Contract and fails to rectify that breach immediately following receipt of notice from HouseZZ requesting it to do so.
7.7. On termination of the Contract for whatever reason:
- all Fees and any other sums due from the Member to HouseZZ shall immediately become payable and the Member shall immediately pay HouseZZ such sums in full;
- the licences referred to in clause 3.4 (or contained in any Product Specific Terms and Conditions) shall immediately terminate;
- the Member shall immediately cease using the Services and permanently delete any access passwords for the Services or the Upload Systems; and
- without prejudice to clause 9.5, the Member’s access to Content and all other data generated in connection with the Member’s use of the Services shall cease;
- any rights, remedies, obligations or liabilities of the parties that have accrued up to the date of termination, including the right to claim damages in respect of any breach of the Contract, which existed at or before the date of termination shall not be affected; and
- any provision of the Contract which is expressed as surviving the Contract or which is required to survive the Contract to give effect to it shall survive termination.
8. Force majeure
Neither party shall breach the Contract by reason of any delay or failure in performance resulting from a Force Majeure Event. However, if the Force Majeure Event continues to cause a party to need relief from the impact of its delay or failure for one month or longer, the other party may terminate the Contract immediately by giving notice to the affected party.
9. Data Protection
9.1. If Leads passed to the Member by HouseZZ contain Personal Data (the “Leads Personal Data”), the Member acknowledges that it will be the Controller of the copy of the Leads Personal Data that it receives and shall comply with the Data Protection Legislation in relation to the Leads Personal Data.
9.2. The Member warrants and represents that, if it provides HouseZZ directly or indirectly with Personal Data relating to any individual it shall have obtained that individual’s consent to (i) process, use and store that Personal Data for the purpose of providing of the Services and (ii) transmit that Personal Data to HouseZZ and other third parties (including those in countries outside the European Economic Area that do not maintain adequate data protection standards) to process, use and store for the purpose of providing of the Services.
9.3. Clauses 9.3 to 9.7 (inclusive) apply with respect to HouseZZ Membership Package (HouseZZ Pros) only. The Member and HouseZZ acknowledge that, for the purposes of the Data Protection Legislation, the Member is the Controller and HouseZZ is the Processor of the copy of the Personal Data specified in the table below that HouseZZ hosts on HouseZZ Pros on behalf of the Member (“HouseZZ Pros Data”). The categories of HouseZZ Pros Data to be processed by HouseZZ and the processing activities to be performed under the Contract are:
Subject matter: Provision of Personal Data hosting as part of the HouseZZ Pros service
Duration: Duration of the provision of the HouseZZ Pros service
Nature and purpose of processing: HouseZZ provides the HouseZZ Pros service to Members. The HouseZZ Pros service enables Members to store and view lead information and call recordings, each of which includes Personal Data.
Types of personal data being processed: Lead information and call recordings only
Categories of data subjects: Users of the Website who submit Leads to Members using the enquiry form on the Website or using telephone numbers provided on the Website
9.4. The Member acknowledges that HouseZZ may have access to other copies of the information comprised in the HouseZZ Pros Data (including any Personal Data) and that HouseZZ is the Controller with respect to such other copies. Accordingly, these clauses 9.3 to 9.7 (inclusive) do not apply with respect to such other copies.
9.5. Subject to clause 9.4, HouseZZ agrees:
- to process the HouseZZ Pros Data only in accordance with the Member’s written instructions, unless required to do otherwise by UK or EU law, in which case HouseZZ shall inform the Member of that legal requirement (unless prohibited from doing so by law);
- to ensure that all its staff involved in processing the HouseZZ Pros Data are under appropriate duties of confidentiality;
- to implement appropriate technical and organisational measures to ensure a level of security for the HouseZZ Pros Data appropriate to the risks associated with HouseZZ’s processing of the HouseZZ Pros Data;
- to assist the Member by appropriate technical and organisational measures to enable the Member to respond to requests from Data Subjects exercising their Data Subject Rights;
- to provide the Member with reasonable assistance in ensuring compliance with the Member’s obligations under Articles 32 to 36 (inclusive) of the GDPR;
- on termination or expiry of the contract, to delete or return (at the Members option) all existing copies of the HouseZZ Pros Data in its control or possession, in accordance with the terms of the HouseZZ Pros Data Retention Policy current at the time of the termination or expiry of the contract, unless retention is required by UK law or HouseZZ has a lawful basis on which to retain such copies;
- to make available to the Member all information in its possession or control that is necessary to demonstrate HouseZZ’s compliance with its obligations under this clause 9.5; and
- to allow the Member, on reasonable prior written notice and during business hours, reasonable access to HouseZZ’s records (and reasonable related assistance) to enable the Member to verify HouseZZ’s compliance with its obligations under this clause 9.5.
9.6. The Member agrees that HouseZZ may engage other processors (each a “Sub-Processor”) of the HouseZZ Pros Data, provided that HouseZZ shall ensure that any Sub-Processor is bound by obligations the same as those in these clauses 9.3 to 9.7 (inclusive) with respect to the HouseZZ Pros Data and provided that HouseZZ remains liable to the Member for any breach of these clauses 9.3 to 9.7 (inclusive) by the Sub-Processor.
9.7. With respect to a request or audit under clauses 9.5 or 9.5, HouseZZ shall inform the Member immediately if, in its opinion, the Member’s instruction infringes the GDPR or another applicable UK or EU data protection law.
10.1. HouseZZ has access to the following data, which is provided in connection with, or is otherwise generated as a result of, the provision and use of the Services:
- contact details of Members;
- the Content, which is used by HouseZZ in the provision of its Services for the Member and which may also be provided on an aggregated basis to third parties by HouseZZ in its sole discretion for HouseZZ’s wider business purposes, including (without limitation), for the purpose of increasing visitor traffic to the Website;
- recordings of Lead telephone calls;
10.2. Members shall not have access to any of HouseZZ’s business generated information.
11. Content Display and Additional Services
11.1. Subject to the payment of all applicable Fees, Member’s properties are initially displayed as a result of searches carried out by Website users by reference to one or more objective criteria which are extracted from the Content. HouseZZ reserves the right to change the objective criteria which are used to order the initial search results from time to time. Following a search by a Website user, each Website user may adjust the order in which properties are displayed according to their own unique requirements.
11.2. If a Member wishes to improve the visibility of their properties, HouseZZ offers a range of add-on services to facilitate this and which may be purchased at an additional cost to the Member’s standard monthly Fee. The nature of these add-on services changes and develops over time and so to find out more about the options which are currently available, Members should contact their HouseZZ Account Manager.
12. Ancillary Services
In addition to advertising properties, HouseZZ provides a range of ancillary services via the Website which complement this core offering. Examples of the types of ancillary services made available include, without limitation, the provision of information relating to utilities, property mortgages and insurance options which may be available to users of the Website in relation to properties which they choose to view. HouseZZ offers Members the opportunity to advertise ancillary services on the Website for an additional cost or as part of their subscription package. Members can contact their HouseZZ Account Manager for more details of the options available.
13. Compliance with Relevant Requirements
13.1. The Member shall:
- comply with the Relevant Requirements;
- not engage in any activity, practice or conduct which would constitute an offence under sections 1, 2 or 6 of the Bribery Act 2010 if such activity, practice or conduct had been carried out in the UK;
- have and shall maintain in place throughout the term of the Contract its own policies and procedures, including but not limited to adequate procedures under the Bribery Act 2010, to ensure compliance with the Relevant Requirements and clause 13.1, and will enforce them where appropriate;
- promptly report to HouseZZ any request or demand for any undue financial or other advantage of any kind received by the Member in connection with the performance of the Contract;
- immediately notify HouseZZ (in writing) if a foreign public official becomes an officer or employee of the Member and the Member warrants that it has no foreign public officials as officers or employees at the date of the Contract);
- on HouseZZ’s request, certify to HouseZZ in writing signed by an officer of the Member, compliance with this clause 13 by the Member. The Member shall provide such supporting evidence of compliance as HouseZZ may reasonably request.
13.2. Breach of this clause 13 shall be deemed a material breach.
13.3. For the purpose of this clause 13, the meaning of “adequate procedures” and “foreign public official” and whether a person is “associated” with another person shall be determined in accordance with section 7(2) of the Bribery Act 2010 (and any guidance issued under section 9 of that Act), sections 6(5) and 6(6) of that Act and section 8 of that Act respectively.
14. Feedback and Complaints Procedure
14.1. HouseZZ has a process in place to deal with concerns which Members may have, including concerns regarding the Contract or the Services.
14.2. To contact HouseZZ with any concerns, the Member should contact their representative or through the contact form. HouseZZ will endeavour to acknowledge the e-mail within 2 Business Days of its receipt and, where necessary, will request any additional information as HouseZZ may deem necessary to investigate the concern. Each complaint will be investigated and assessed by HouseZZ as soon as possible thereafter.
14.3. In the event that the Member is unhappy with the outcome of HouseZZ’s investigation of the complaint, the Member is entitled through the Contact form, marked for the attention of the Customer Support Manager.
14.4. If the Member is dissatisfied for any reason with the final decision of the Customer Support Manager, the Member is entitled to refer their complaint for mediation by an appropriate external mediator. For these purposes, an appropriate external mediator would be one who HouseZZ deems to be suitably qualified and who is registered with either Independent Mediators or IPOS Mediation. The apportionment of any costs incurred in relation to the mediation process shall be determined in good faith between HouseZZ and the Member, on the basis of the mediator’s recommendation.
14.5. HouseZZ shall not be obliged to consent to mediation in circumstances where a Member has historically made repeatedly unsuccessful mediation attempts, whether in respect of the same or a prior complaint. In the event that a complaint is referred for mediation, the parties agree to participate in such mediation in good faith.
15.1. Nothing in these Member Terms and Conditions or any Product Specific Terms and Conditions is intended to establish an exclusive arrangement between the Member and HouseZZ nor any partnership or appoint either party the agent of the other, or otherwise authorise either party to commit the other in any way whatsoever. Each party confirms it is acting on its own behalf and not for the benefit of any other person.
15.2. The Member may not assign or otherwise create any interest in any of its rights and obligations under the Contract without the prior written consent of HouseZZ.
15.3. If any provision or part-provision of the Contract is or becomes invalid, illegal or unenforceable, it shall be deemed modified to the minimum extent necessary to make it valid, legal and enforceable. If such modification is not possible, the relevant provision or part-provision shall be deemed deleted. Any modification to or deletion of a provision or part-provision under this clause 15.3 shall not affect the validity and enforceability of the rest of the Contract.
15.4. No failure or delay by HouseZZ provided under the Contract or by law shall constitute a waiver of that or any other right or remedy, nor shall it preclude or restrict the future exercise of that or any other right or remedy. No single or partial exercise of any right or remedy by HouseZZ shall preclude or restrict the further exercise of that or any other right or remedy.
15.5. Any notice given to party under or in connection with the Contract shall be in writing and shall be delivered by hand or by pre-paid first-class post or other next working day delivery service at its registered office or by email to its nominated email address or webform as specified on the Order Form. Any notice will be deemed to have been received if sent by email, at the time of transmission. This clause 15.5 does not apply to the service of any proceedings or other documents in any legal action or other method of dispute resolution.
15.6. Except for HouseZZ (who may enforce relevant provisions of the Contract), a person who is not a party to this Agreement shall not have any rights under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 to enforce any term of the Contract.
15.7. The construction, validity and performance of the Contract and all non-contractual obligations arising from or connected with the Contract shall be governed by English law and the parties hereby irrevocably submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts to resolve any dispute between them.
Updated July 2021.